Dr KK Aggarwal
As per the draft policy by the Delhi Government social functions being organised at farmhouses, motels and Low-Density Residential Areas located primarily in Outer Delhi will have to follow the following
- Maximum number of guests in any marriage function will be calculated by dividing the gross area of the venue (in sqm) by 1.5
- or multiplying the total number of car parking available [at the venue] by four, whichever is less.
- No venue can host events for more than 120 days in a year.
- Commissioner of food safety is supposed to ensure that the caterers or owners and management bodies of the venues get in touch with relevant NGOs in order to manage surplus or leftover food by distributing the same among unprivileged people after the “completion of the duration of the function”.
- The organizers will also have to take and submit no-objection certificates from the fire department. This will be applicable for even temporary structures like tents that are built on open spaces.
- It will compulsorily need a formal power connection from the concerned distribution company. The use of diesel generator sets will be permitted only in case of a power failure.
- If a parking lot cited as per the building, the plan is found to be occupied by tents and other temporary structures, then a penalty of up to ₹15 lakh will be imposed for unauthorized use of the space which could also lead to cancellation of license
- It will be mandatory to have a mini-sewage treatment plant at the venue in order to ensure wastewater is used for non-potable means.