Security guard electrocuted to death while switching on the motor

Dr B Thomas (Special Correspondent)

A 32-year-old security guard was killed after he electrocuted while switching on the motor at the basement which was flooded due to heavy rains on Monday evening.

The deceased Pipu Kumar Sahu,working as security guard for G4 security services for the last four years and presently deployed for Ad2pro global creative solutions private limited, situated at Hulkul ascent on Lavelle road.

The incident occurred at around seven pm when the Sahu was asked to switch on the motor at the basement and did not return.

The other staff who went to check found him lying in the water and alerted the police .

The Cubbon park police rushed to the spot and shifted the body for post-mortem .
Papu Kumar sahu,35,elder brother of the deceased and also a security guard in his complaint to the police said that his brother was not aware of the electric work .

Adding to the worse despite knowing the water is flooded at the electric room of the basement .

He was not provided with wither gloves or rubber boots which could have prevented him from getting electrocuted.

Based on the complaint, the police have registered a case against owner of the apartment,the company he was working and also the security agency charging them under death due to negligence .