Security guard and his minor son electrocuted while cleaning sump in RT Nagar

Yogesh K Porwar & Avanth Kumar Kankaria

A 32-year old security guard and his son electrocuted while they were cleaning water sump in a residential apartment premises in Sultan Palya near RT Nagar on Wednesday .

The deceased have been identified as Rajiv and his son Sainath(10) who was helping his father in housekeeping work and the family was working in the apartment complex .

A senior police officer said that the incident occurred around 7.30 am at Ramakrishna apartment.Rajiv who got down inside the sump to clean came in contact with live wire connected to motor.Due to the sudden jolt he collapsed.

Sainath noticing this tried to help him and got electrocuted and fell inside.Rajiv’s wife Annamma who was busy in daily chores heard the sound and came out to see what happened.

She found both unconcious and raised alarm to alert the residents.The supervisor of the apartment who deployed Rajiv to the work rushed to their help and pulled them out of the tank and took them to a near-by hospital where they were declared brought dead.

The RT Nagar police rushed to the spot and conducted spot mahazar and the postmortem .
Based on a complaint by Annamma, a case of death due to negligence has been registered against the owner and supervisor of the apartment.The management has not provided any safety measures led to the mishap she added.