Bengaluru Apartment fire: 2 flats damaged in Electronic City; residents unharmed .

Pramesh S Jain &. Yogesh K Porwar

Electronic city sampigenagar two flats of an residential complex catch fire.inmates ran out to safety.Fire and emrgency service personnel putting out fire no one injured in the mishap.

A dog living in one of the apartments with a elderly woman started barking which alerted the residents to rush out to safety before the apartment caught fire in electronic city on Wednesday.

The mishap occurred in one of the apartments in four storeyed (ground plus three ) VMKAS Chalet residential complex situated in Sampige Nagar, electronic city phase II at around 2.46 PM.

A 74-year-old  Kathyayini, a cardiac patient,was at the apartment on the first floor with the dog while the rest of the family members have gone to work.

The dog started barking continuously , prompting the neighbours to come out to check and find the smoke billowing out from the apartment.

Soon they hurried and got Ms.Kathyayini out,


Meanwhile Umesh and Kumar,delivery boys from Reliance passing by noticed the fire coming out of the window from an apartment and aerated the fire control room.

Two fire tenders reached the spot at around 2.55 and pumped water to contain the fire.By then the whole apartment complex comprising of 106 units evacuated.

We managed to contain the fire and luckily no one was hurt,Nagesh PM, district fire officer, electronic city,told reporters.

It is suspected that the electric short circuit could be the cause of the fire but the team of FSL and electrical inspectorate visited the spot and probed, Mr. Nagesh added .