4 suffer burn injuries in cylinder leak fire accident

Yogesh K Porwar

Four persons including three members of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire accident due to LPG cylinder leakage at a hotel in Kamakshipalya police station limits on Saturday.

The hotel premise completely gutted as the fire spread soon and the residents were panicked for a while following the mishap.

The injured Rajanna,56,owner of the hotel his wife Gayathri,51,son Bhaskar,32 and a customer identified as Gangaraju have been admitted to Victoria hospital and said to be out of danger.

Bhaskar runs a small time eatery -Vinayaka hotel where his wife and son assist him on Thotada raste in Kamakshipalya.Police said that the eatery has both fire wood stove and LPG stove next to each other.

The incident occurred at around 12 when Bhaskar was trying to replace the cylinder and the gas leaked from the regulator and ignited fire from the fire wood stove.

Soon the fire engulfed the hotel and few customers in the hotel ran to safety.In the melee the family along with Gangaraju sustained burn injuries .

The Kamakshipalya police along with fire and emergency service personnel rushed to the spot and douse the fire after two and half hours.

The injured have been shifted to victoria hospital burn wards for further treatment.The Kamakshipalya police have taken up a case against Bhaskar for negligence and are investigating further said a senior officer .