Dr B Thomas (Special Correspondent)
Two persons sustained severe burn injuries in explosion due to LPG cylinder leakage at their house in Kashi Nagar of Yelachenahall in KS Layout on Saturday.
The duo identified as Goutham and Mondal , were admitted to victoria hospital .
The duo was from Assam and working as seurity guards and living in a rented house for few months.
The door and the window panes were damaged due to the impact of the explosion.
The KS Layout police who rushed to the site and conducted investigations suspected that the explosion was due to leak from the cylinder last night and the duo failed to notice.
Police suspect one of them woke up and tried to switch on light and the spark led to the explosion.
The residents woke up to the huge sound at around 7.30 am the owner of the house Venkataswamy Reddy rushed to the spot and alerted the police.
The cylinder and the regulator were found intact and we suspect that the explosion was due to gas formed inside the compact house.
The KS layout police are analyzing the items inside the house to ascertain any other reason for the explosion.
A case has been registered in KS Layout police station and further investigation is on.