Pramesh S Jain & Yogesh K Porwar
In a tragic incident a 21 year old roadside fruit vendor died of electrocution while he was taking shelter from the sudden downpour on west of chord road on Wednesday.
The deceased has been identified as vasanth, resident of manganapalya and selling cut fruits on roadside since five years.
Senior officer said said that Vasanth used to park his pushcart close to electric pole and suspected that he was electrocuted .
While residents alleged that the live wire snapped due to heavy rain and Vasanth got electrocuted.
Passers by who noticed vasanth lying motionless alerted others before informing BESCOM and police .
BESCOM emergency response team rushed to spot along with the police to probe the matter.