Furniture manufacturing unit in JP Nagar gutted in fire

Yogesh K Porwar & Avanth Kumar Kankaria

A godown of furniture manufacturing unit in JP Nagar was gutted due to accidental fire that broke out in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Seven fire tenders were pressed into the service to put out the fire and no one was injured in the fire,a Senior fire officer said.

The incident occurred at around 5.30am when passers by notice the fire and alerted the control room.

The fire engulfed the godown and soon spread to the adjacent scrap dealer shop.A team of fire personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire after 3 hours of operation.

Goods worth Rs 10 lakh suspected to have been gutted in the mishap.

The owner of the furniture shop said that raw materials were kept inside the godown and an electrical short circuit could be a reason for the mishap he added.

A case has been registered in Puttenahalli police station and fire experts are inspecting the spot and after investigation the reason behind the fire will be ascertained he added.

Meanwhile a fire broke out in Akkipet area yesterday evening a fruit warehouse situated in Sulthanpet circle caught fire where in fruit cartoon boxes were stored and no casualties reported.

The ground floor of the building is a hotel and Ishwari Paper Mart shop, which has been closed for the past few years. Karthik was running a fruit  warehouse were stored with cartoon boxes.

Based on information provided by locals, two fire brigade vehicles and crews managed to extinguish the fire, police said.

A major mishap was averted as t


here was also a fireworks shop next to the building. It is said that a large number of fires are likely to cause serious damage. A case has been registered at the Cottonpet police station and investigation is on.