* NIA Arrests Absconding Accused Habibur Rehman SK @ Habibur SK @ Sheikh @ Habibur Kabore Shaik in Case.
* Absconding accused Habibur Rehman Sk @ Habibur Sk @ Sheikh @ Habibur Kabore Shaik, 28 yrs, r/o Village Muluk Shantipalli, PS Bolpur, Distt. Birbhum, West Bengal, has been arrested by NIA today (25.06.19) from Dodabalpur area, Bengaluru, Karnataka in Case RC-03/2014/NIA/DLI(Burdwan Blast Case).
* Accused Habibur Rehman Sheikh was earlier charge-sheeted on 30.03.15 in this case for his direct involvement in the conspiracy of Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) to wage war against Government of India and Bangladesh.
* Accused Habibur Rehman Sheikh was a close associate of senior JMB leader Jahidul Islam @ Kausar.He was also associated with other JMB leaders like Rahamatullah SK @ Sajid and Moulana Yusuf.He was an active member of JMB, Bolpur Module in West Bengal.He had attended a number of training camps conducted by JMB.
* Accused was produced before the XLIX, Additional City Civil and Sessions Court & NIA Special Judge,Bengaluru today.The Court has granted 5 days’ transit remand for producing him before the Special NIA Court, Kolkata.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday arrested Habibur Rahman, one of the prime accused in Burdwan blast case.
Officials of NIA on tuesday nabbed a 28-year-old terror suspect in Doddaballapura town on tuesday who is involved and was named as Chargesheeted accused in Burdwan bomb blast case in 2014 and was on the run since then.
The officials who was on the trail managed to pin him down at a local mosque in Doddaballapura town where he had taken shelter .
The accused has been identified as Habib-ur-Rahman a native of West Bengal is suspected to be the member of Jamat-ul Mujahideen,a Bangaldesh Based terror outfit.
Rahman was staying in the rented room in mosque through Imam who is also from Assam and working in the mosque for the last one year.
Rahman was planning to set up a panipuri business on roadside,before he was caught by the NIA officials who was on his trail.The NIA charge sheeted Rahman accusing him of conspiracy of Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh,(JMB) to wage war against Government of India and Bangladesh.
Rehman Sheikh was a close associate of senior JMB leader Jahidul Islam @ Kausar. He was also associated with other JMB leaders like Rahamatullah SK and Moulana Yusuf.He was an active member of JMB, Bolpur Module in West Bengal.He had attended a number of training camps conducted by JMB.
The accused was produced before the NIA court in Bengaluru and the court granted permission to officials to take the accused to Kolkatta on transit warrant for further investigations.
Rahman was involved in in preparing a crude bomb at the house of Hasan Choudhari at Khagragarh town in Burdwan town on october 2014 which exploded during assembling kiling two persons and injuring others.The local police had registered the case which was later taken over by NIA.
While the police arrested six persons accused in the case Rahman and others were on the run.In August last year, NIA officials arrested Adil Asadullah from Ramanagar who is associates of Rahman .
Burdwan blast took place on October 2, 2014 and the investigation of this blast helped the security forces in uncovering the sleeper cells of Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh operating in West Bengal.
Two JMB operatives had died in the blast while making bombs while a third one was seriously injured.The initial investigation in this case was started by West Bengal Police but the probe was later handed over to NIA.The police had seized a huge cache of explosives, including IEDs and RDX from the blast site.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Special Task Force (STF) of Kolkata Police arrested four neo-Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) or the Islamic State (IS) operatives in the city.Two operatives identified as Md. Jiaur Rahman and Mamonur Rashid both Bangladeshi nationals,were arrested from the vicinity of Sealdah Railway Station’s parking lot.The police have seized a mobile phone containing photos,videos,jihadi text and literature from them.
Two other operatives identified as Mohammed.Sahin Alam and Robiul Islam were arrested from Howrah Station.The STF told media persons that Alam is a Bangladeshi national,while Islam is an Indian and belongs to Birbhum district in West Bengal.
Accoridng to Kolkata Police, all four arrested were using social media to spread their agenda of terrorism.The main motive of their organisation was to overthrow democratic governments in India and Bangladesh and establish Sharia law under a caliphate.
Meanwhile the NIA had announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for providing information related to the whereabouts of Rahman,who is the closest aided of Burdwan blast mastermind Kausa