“Mohammed Nalapad Haris is undertrial prisoner 1756/2018”.
Mohammed Nalapad Haris and his aides were produced before the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate with Hightened security magistrate who sent them to judicial custody and adjourned the hearing on their bail plea to February 23.
The bail application filed on Wednesday states that section 307 of IPC – attempt to murder was not initially part of the FIR but was added later due to political pressure. However, prosecutor’s arguments that the police’s delay in filing the complaint and arresting Nalapad increased the chances of the case being influenced if he is let out on bail, which led to him being sent to the Parappana Agrahara prison for the next two weeks.
Attempt to murder
They have been charged with attempt to murder and other sections of the Indian Penal Code. The accused were in the custody of the Cubbon Park police since Monday.Before producing to court all accused were subjected to medical test and after the medical test.They were produced before the court with high security of police he was accompanied with ACP, Pampapathi of Halasurgate Sub division, Shashidhar Police inspector of Ashok Nagar police station and with staff on Wednesday around 4.30 p.m.
Sources said, The courtroom was packed given the high profile nature of case. At the request of lawyers, the judge asked people to vacate before starting the trial. Describing the attack as an act of hooliganism, brutality and muscle power, Vidvat’s advocate Shyam Sundar argued against bail for Mohammed Nalapad and his associates. A team of Central Crime Branch officials are conducting a parallel probe.
Bail plea submitted
Mohammed Nalapad’s lawyer has submitted a bail plea before the sessions court.The hearing has been posted to Friday.
Lawyer seeks police protection
After the court hearing ,Shyam Sundar advocate of victim told media persons that ,Fearing reprisal from Mohammed Nalapad’s supporters, i have sought police protection. Sundar alleged that Mohammed Nalapad’s supporters had stared at him in a threatening manner. He claimed that while walking out of the court, he overheard them saying that “he would be next.He later sent an SMS to the jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Division) seeking protection he told in his statement .
Soon after the order, they were taken to the Parappana Agrahara Central Jail.
Nalapad has been booked for attempt to murder for allegedly assaulting a man named L Vidwath during a brawl at a pub-cum-restaurant in U B City here on February 17 night.
So far, besides Mohammad Nalapad Haris , the police have arrested Arun Babu, the owner of a juice centre in Austin Town, Manjunath, a driver-cum-bouncer, Mohammed Ashraf, an umeployed B.Com graduate, Balakrishna, a driver, Abhishek, a small-time businessman and Mohammed Nasir. A few more men involved in the assault, including one Srikrishna, are still at large.
Nalapad was the Bengaluru District Youth Congress general secretary.
He surrendered before police on Monday after public outrage over the incident.He was produced before court and was sent to 2 days police custody.
Doctors at the Mallya hospital today released the 3D X-Ray image of Vidwath’s skull, which showed multiple fractures in the nasal and maxilla bone.
Doctors said there are multiple fractures in his ribs also. In all, there were 20 fractures all over his body, they said.
Dr Anand said it might take Vidwath at least four to six weeks to fully recover.
“The nasal and maxilla bone will recover on its own. There are fractures in his rib bones also due to which he may have breathing problems. We have kept him under observation to ensure that he does not have any respiratory problem.”
Sampath Raj,Bengaluru Mayor who visited Mallya Hospital to meet the victim and enquire about his health condition,he is recovering,Sampath Raj told media persons that Vidvat has recovered compared to his state three days back.I met the doctors as well and they have said that the ribcage is fractured but he is recuperating slowly. The swelling on his face has also reduced. The doctors are treating him for the nasal fracture and he will recover real soon he added.
Retired IPS officer BNS Reddy too visited the hospital and enquired about the health of Vidwath he said Vidwath is known to him as his father is my friend and I am shocked to see that he was brutally attacked in a silent place as the cafe where he was assaulted is a very silent place and the criminal should be delt with severe punishment as common man he should be punished so it will be a lesson to all others who misuse the power of their parents he added .
Raghavendra Rajkumar too visited the Mallya hospital and enquired about the health of Vidwath after seeing him he said what has happened it should not happen to anyone but now I pray to god that he recover soon and forget the attack and start his new life Vidwath is also my son as my son Guru there is no difference between him and Vidwath as I know him from childhood and he was used to come with us where ever we go for trip and all I pray to god he gets recovery soon and he should achieve something in his life and make his father to be proud of him he added .
Meanwhile, the BJP accused the police of deleting the video footage to protect the criminals.
Padmanabhanagar MLA and former deputy chief minister R Ashok said the non-availability of video footage inside the restaurant proves that there is a deliberate attempt to protect the accused and his gang.