Bomb Threat Email Triggers Panic at Bengaluru South District Court

Vinod M Jain 

The Bengaluru South District Court received a bomb threat via email on Monday,triggering panic on the court premises,officials said.

According to police sources,the email was received at around 12.35 pm.The sender claimed that 12 RDX bombs had been planted inside the court complex, located on the outskirts of Bengaluru.

Police were immediately alerted,and multiple teams rushed to the spot.Bomb disposal squads and canine units were deployed to conduct a thorough search of the premises.

As a precautionary measure,the court complex was evacuated and search operations were launched to ensure the safety of staff,advocates and litigants.

Highly placed sources indicated that the threat email was suspected to be a hoax.However,officials said the situation would be clear only after a comprehensive sweep of the premises is completed.Further details are awaited.