LPG cylinder explosion six including family of five and nine year old boy severely injured in Mishap

Pramesh S Jain

A s many as six people including a family of five and a nine year old boy severely injured in an explosion caused due to LPG cylinder leakage at a house in weavers colony in Konanakunte on Wednesday morning.

The injured hailed from Banaras in Uttar Pradesh and living in a rented house for few months.The incident occurred on Wedneday morning when the Jamal,32, woke up early in the morning and switched on the light when ignited the blast caused due to leakage in the cylinder .

Due to impact part of the asbestos sheet part of the ceiling was blown away,the door and the window of the house shattered and a car parked outside the house was also damaged .

A woman identified as Ishwaramma also sustained injuries .

The victims including Jamal,Naziya,22,Irfan,21,Gulab, 18 and Shahzad,9 who were sleeping also sustained burn injuries .

Neighbours woke up the blast sounds and rushed to the help.

Fire tenders along with the police rushed to the spot and put of the fire.The house and goods and furniture in the house were also damaged .

The injured are being treated at Victoria hospital and doctors are giving their best treatment to the patients as out of six three were 60 percent burnt in the mishap a senior doctors team are supervising the patients and out of six three are in ICU and are being monitored and supervised by senior medical officer and medical superintendent of hospital .