Vipin Gaur the General Secretary of Newspapers Association of India Dr Gururaj President NAI and Anant Kumar Joint Secretary met Governor of Karnataka Shri Thawar Chand Gehlot and congratulated him on being appointed as the Governor of the state also demands provisions for journalists working in the state. Shri Thawar Chand Gehlot has given full assurance that every effort will be made by the government for the interest of journalists in the state of Karnataka, Shri thawar chand Gehlot welcomed all the members of the organization He said that the awareness work done by the journalists in the country is commendable, Journalists played a wonderful role in the corona epidemic for the society and the government, regardless of their lives.
The demands were made that, State pension scheme should be implemented by the state government for the working journalists in the state of Karnataka. Accidental safety cover policy should be given to journalists in the state of Karnataka, so that in case of any accident with a journalist, his family can be helped by the policy also that the injured journalist can be treated in any private hospital, Journalists Protection Act should be made in the state of Karnataka so that the incidents of atrocities on journalists can be stopped.
Advertisement policy should also be made for small and medium newspapers in the state of Karnataka so that all small and medium newspapers get advertisements and they should be helped by the government in running their newspapers.
We hereby purpose some genuine points for the interest of journalist, we are confident that soon the Karnataka government will fulfill our demands for the interest of journalists said Vipin Gaur
1. Pension scheme should be implemented by the state government for the working journalists in the state of Karnataka.
2. Accidental protection cover policy should be given for journalists in the state.
3. A journalist protection law should be made in the state, so that atrocities against journalists can be stopped.
4. Advertisement policy should be made for small and medium newspapers in Karnataka state so that all small and medium newspapers get advertisements, and they get help from the government in running their newspaper.
5. Transport passes should be given to working journalists in the state of Karnataka so that the journalist can get free facility to move from one place to another for coverage of any news in Karnataka.
6. Government recognition should also be given to the web portal in the state of Karnataka so that the reporters working in the portal get a chance to work as a journalist recognized by the state government.
7. A media center should be built in Bengaluru and other districts by the government where journalists can get computer printout internet facility so that they do not face any problem to exchange news.