Computer equipment store catches fire goods Worth lakhs gutted in Fire

Yogesh K Porwar

A computer equipment store catches a accidental fire in which Goods and furniture worth lakhs gutted in accidental fire broke out near Lal Bagh on Tuesday morning.

The mishap occurred at around 7 am at Creative Peripherals distribution Ltd godown situated on Raja Ram Mohan Roy Road.

Passers by noticed smoke from the building and alerted fire and emergency control room and the neighbours called the shop owner to inform about the incident

The staff also reached the spot and took away few equipments to stop spreading the fire.

since no one was inside the godown no causalities were reported.The officials rushed to the spot along with fire tenders and managed to douse the fire by 12.30 pm.

The officials said the computer equipments were stored in the underground and ground floor. It was spread to both the floors when we reached the spot.The computers have been gutted in the incident.

The Sampangiramnagar police have taken up a case and initiated probe to ascertain the cause of fire.

Though it is suspected that short circuit could be the reason, the police waiting for expert report to ascertain the cause said a senior officer.