Annual report of the Central Information Commission (CIC) was tabled in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha on 20th and 21st November 2019 respectively. The trends of Annual Report are as follows:
- During the reporting year 2018-19, 13.70 lakh RTI applications were received by the registered Central Public Authorities (PAs). This is higher by 1,36,922 or 11% than what was reported during 2017-18.
- The Central PAs rejected 4.70% (64,344) of the RTI applications processed during 2018-19 showing a downward trend in rejections which have come down by 0.43% from the 5.13% reported in 2017-18.
- Highest percentage of RTI applications rejected was reported by Ministry of Tribal Affairs (26.54%) and Ministry of Home Affairs (16.41%).
- During the reporting year 2018-19, 9.29% (1,51,481) First Appeals (with respect to RTI Application) were received by the Central PAs in comparison to 9.72% (1,40,810) of the previous year.
- The CIC disposed of 17,188 Second Appeals and Complaints cases in 2018-19. A total of 22,736 cases were registered during the same period. At the end of the year the Commission had 29,655 cases pending before it.
- All 2,145, Public Authorities registered with the Commission have submitted Annual Returns which is 100% submission.
The soft copy of annual report is uploaded on the Commission website at http://www.cic.gov.in.