Research work on diseases like tuberculosis, malaria and dengue is being supported by Indian Council of Medical Research, D/o BioTechnology& D/o Science & Technology through various initiatives under National and International R&D programmes as indicated hereunder:-
- Launch of Malaria Elimination Research Alliance
- Special Call for research proposals on Dengue
- III. Mission AMR,
- IV. Major projects for development of vaccines for Malaria, Tuberculosis and Dengue,
- Malaria Vaccine Development Programmes,
- VI. Dengue subunit VLP based vaccine candidate,
- Regional Prospective observational Research for Tuberculosis India under Indo-US vaccine Programme.
- Technology developed by ICGEB, New Delhi has been transferred to Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. for development of phytopharmaceutical drug for dengue,
- IX. Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council, a Public Sector undertaking of D/o Biotechnology also supports in R&D activities in these areas.
- Funding by D/o Science & Technology to Collaborative Projects under Public Private Partnership, creation of 57 state of the art infrastructure for Pharmaceutical R&D, Grants-in-aid to Indian Pharma Industries for clinical trials in neglected diseases including malaria, kala-azar etc.
The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), ShAshwini Kumar Choubey stated this in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha here today.