Bengaluru: Couple taking shower in bathroom dies after ‘inhaling carbon monoxide’ suspect gas geyser leakage probe on

Dr.Thomas (Special Correspondent)

A 30-year-old hotel employee and his 22-year-old fiancee were found dead in a bathroom suspected to be due to gas geyser leakage on Saturday .

The deceased have been identified as Chandrashekhar, from Gundlupete and Sudharani,22 from Gokak.

The duo was working in a hotel near Nandi Hills and engaged recently .

Senior officer told reporters,Chandrashekhar lived in a rented house in Tarabanahalli and Sudharani had visited him.

Initial probe revealed that Chandrashekhar switched on the gas geyser which released Carbon Monoxide and the duo collapsed due to suffocation and died as the windows and ventilators were shut down .

The incident came to light on Monday when the owner noticed no response from the house knocked the door repeatedly and later forced open the door to find the duo lying dead in the bathroom.

The Chikkajala police rushed to the spot and shifted the bodies for post-mortem.The police have taken up a case of un-natural death and are investigating.

The police are awaiting post-mortem report to ascertain the cause of death and further investigation is on.