Eight years old murder case cracked by Jigani police,Woman and her live-in partner arrested for chopping his brother into pieces for objecting their relationship

Dr.Thomas (Special Correspondent)

The Jigani police on Friday cracked an eight year old murder case and arrested a 31-year-old woman who along with her live-in partner murdered her younger brother brutally for objecting to the relationship and chopped the body parts and disposed in a travel bag in different parts in the outskirts of the city on July 2015.

The accused have been identified as Bhagyashri Siddappa Pujari,31,resident of Singadi taluk in Vijayapura and Suputra Shankarappa Talawar,32,who later married Bhagyashri.

The accused had soon vacated the rented house and fled to different cities before settling in Nasik.

The police had closed the case as undetected reopened recently after they got a hunch about the couples activities .

Based on a tip off,a team of police led by Police Inspector,Sudarshan HV,traced the couple and arrested .

The accused have been identified as Bhagyashri Siddappa Pujari,31,resident of Singadi taluk in Vijayapura and relocated to nasik and worked in a pharma company and her male friend Suputra Shankarappa Talawar,32,who later married Bhagyashri.

According to the couple Bhagyashri and her younger Brother Ningaraju Siddappa Pujari had come to Bengalore and started working in a factory in Jigani and stayed in a rented house in Vaderamanchanahalli .

Bhagyashri however had an affair with Suputra Shankar who was already married .

Ningaraju came to know about the relationship and started objecting.In order to get rid of him,Bhagyashri and Suputra hatched a plan and killed Ningaraju before chopping his body parts and packed in a travel bag and threw in different directions before vacating the house and escaped .

The murder came to light when the Jigani police found the travel bag containing human body parts in a KIADB vacant site in Jigani.

The police took up the investigations and found a doctor prescription which led the police to reach the house of the accused .

Based on the neighbours information,the police went to the factory where the accused were working and obtained the contact details.

Using the phone number of the accused,the police managed to contact the family members of the deceased and got the body identified and also the identity of the accused .

The police initially made all efforts to track down the accused,but they could have get any clue about their whereabouts.

Failed to locate the accused the police even filed a closure report before the court But kept a tab on the accused.

While following the old cases,the police stumbled upon an information about Suputra was working in a factory in Malegaon in Nasik and a team rushed there .

But Suputra by then had changed the job.Based on the information obtained the police again followed the trail and track down Bhagyashri to a pharma company where he was working and later arrested Suputra.

The duo confessed to the crime and were charged with the murder and taken into custody for further investigation.