Yogesh K Porwar & Avanth Kumar Kankariya
As many as 40 old vehicles seized by the Kodigehalli police and parked in the yard behind the station were gutted due to accidental fire broke out due to suspected electric short circuit on Friday afternoon.
The fire broke out at around 1.30 pm and the staff noticed as the flames engulfed the parking yard,shifted the other vehicles to safety and alerted the control room.
Two fire tenders rushed to the spot and after two hours of struggle put out the fire .
Probe by the police revealed that the a cable suspended from the transformer situated closed to the parking lot caused the fire .
Spark from the cable catches the waste and inflamable material and spread soon,a senior officer, said .
The kodigehalli Police have taken up a case and are investigating to ascertain the exact reason for the fire and book the authorities concerned accordingly.