Five judges of Hon. Supreme Court of India have been affected from Swine Flu which is caused by H1N1 virus.In order to curb the situation in the apex court, following preventive measures were immediately undertaken by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India:
- The First Aid Post (FAP) of CGHS was strengthened at the Supreme Court premises.
- All the judges were provided treatment as per the protocol. Prophylactic Treatment was also given to all who have come in contact with them including their family members.
- All five judges were kept in home isolation. Of these, three Judges have already resumed their duty and two continue to be under home isolation/observation and are recovering.
- The court rooms and residences are being sanitised.
- Awareness regarding preventive measures was disseminated to all concerned.
A H1N1 sensitization workshop for lawyers and other staff members will also be conducted by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India at Bar Council of India office tomorrow i.e. 26th February, 2020.
Although, H1N1 is a seasonal infection which usually occurs every year with two peaks (One in January to March and other between July to September), everyone is requested to take the preventive measures such as cover your nose and mouth with a tissue/handkerchief while coughing or sneezing; wash your hands often with soap and water; avoid crowded places; avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth; stay away from crowded places if you have cough/cold; drink plenty of water; sleep well. In case of any symptoms, the nearest public health facility may be contacted immediately.