The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Korea for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
The main objectives of the Memorandum of Understanding are:
- To expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector
- To increase Exchange of information and data related to tourism
- To encouraging cooperation between tourism stakeholders including Hotels and Tour Operators
- To establish exchange programmes for cooperation in Human Resources Development
- To encourage Investment in the Tourism and Hospitality sectors
- To exchange visits of Tour Operators / Media / Opinion Makers for promotion of two-way tourism
- To exchange experience in the areas of promotion, marketing destination development and management
- To encourage participation in travel fairs/exhibitions in each other’s country and
- Promoting safe, honorable and sustainable tourism.
India and Korea have enjoyed a strong diplomatic and long economic relationship. The two parties now desiring to strengthen and further develop the established relationship for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
Korea is one of the leading tourist generating markets for India from East Asia. Signing of the MoU with Korea will be instrumental in increasing arrival from this source market.