Marking the World Post Day, Department of Posts is celebrating National Postal Week from 9-15 October, 2018.Addressing a press conference on this occasion, Chief Post Master General, Maharashtra Circle, Shri H. C. Agarwal informed that 1,293 post offices in Maharashtra are working as Aadhaar centres and that they have generated 50,594 individual new Aadhaar numbers and have done more than 4 Lakh updates of Aadhaar numbers. 16 Post offices are working as Post Office Passport Seva Kendras, providing passport-related services.
Shri Agarwal further said that the recently launched India Post Payments Bank has till now opened 78,000 accounts in Maharashtra Circle. Moreover, in order to develop its business, the post office has tied up with Regional Transport Offices (RTO), Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited(MSEDCL) and Maharashtra Police for e-challan payment for traffic rule violations. Annual revenue collected from RTO business is 25 crore rupees and that from MSEDCL is Rs 6-7 Crore.
Core Banking Solutions, ATMs, Core System Integration, Core Insurance Solution and DARPAN-related Technological implementation was done in Maharashtra Circle by Post office.
Maharashtra Postal Circle is organising celebrations during the National Postal Week 2018 in each of its six regions at Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad and Goa as per following programme:
- On 09.10.2018, (World Post Day) Post Forum meetings will be organised within Post Office premises; visit of school children to PostOffices will also be held.
- On 10.10.2018 (Banking Day), Savings Bank Melas/ Camps will be conducted toopen POSB/IPPB accounts, and for facilitating APY, SSY, PMSBY, PMJJY enrolments.
- On 11.10.2018 (PLI Day), Melas, camps, door to doorcampaigns, propagation by audio and visual media will be organized to get new Postal Life Insuranceand Rural Postal Life Insurance Business
- On 12.10.2018 (Philately Day), “My Stamp” facility will be provided inprominent schools and Business Houses
- On 13.10.2018 (Business Development Day), interactions will be held with existing andpotential customers to increase Postal Business.
- On 15.10.2018 (Mails Day), visits of school children to postoffices, mail sorting offices and interactions with postmen will be held.