The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will visit West Bengal and Jharkhand on 25th May.
He will attend the convocation of Visva Bharati University at Santi Niketan. He will also inaugurate the Bangladesh Bhavan – a symbol of the cultural ties between India and Bangladesh – at Santi Niketan. The Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Ms. Sheikh Hasina, will be present at both these events.
In Jharkhand, the Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone of various projects of the Government of India and Government of Jharkhand, at an event in Sindri. These include:
· Revival of Sindri Fertilizer Project of Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Ltd.
· Ranchi City Gas Distribution Project by GAIL
· All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Deoghar
· Development of Deoghar Airport
· Patratu Super Thermal Power Project (3×800 MW)
He will also witness the Exchange of MoUs for Jan Aushadhi Kendras.
The Prime Minister will address the gathering.
Later, the Prime Minister will interact with the District Collectors of Aspirational Districts of Jharkhand, in Ranchi.